Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

And the Oscar goes to...

I'm a massive movie fan and what movie fan doesn't love the pageantry of the Academy Awards? In preparation for this Sunday's telecast, I asked three of my favorite tweeties to participate in a little Oscars fun.

Best Picture:



Michelle: I have everything crossed for "The Artist". Such a cute charming movie!

Danielle: The Artist

Natalie: "The Artist" seems like a sure thing to me.

Tracie: I don't think we're going to see any surprises this year. The winners will be the ones who have the most heat coming into the Oscars. Best Picture will be "The Artist."

Best Actor:

Michelle: I really want to see Jean Dujardin win for "The Artist", but have a feeling it will go to George Clooney.

Tracie: Best Actor will be Jean Dujardin for "The Artist."

Natalie: Best Actor: This one is a toss up. Will it go to suave newcomer Jean Dujardin or the old charmer, Clooney? Since Clooney has only won for Supporting Actor – my money is on him. (Insert Tracie/Danielle/Michelle retching noises here.)




Danielle: Best actor- George Clooney (even though I don't want him to win, but Hollywood likes to kiss his ass!)

Best Actress:

Danielle: Viola Davis.



Tracie: " Best Actress will be Meryl Streep for "The Iron Lady". (Those Academy members love them some Meryl!) I think that the supporting categories are sewn up, too. Christopher Plummer ("Beginners") for Best Supporting Actor and Octavia Spencer ("The Help") for Best Supporting Actress.

Natalie: I’m going with Viola Davis. While Meryl Streep is always a favorite, “The Iron Lady” seems way too safe. I agree with Tracie's picks for Best Supporting – but I wish Melissa McCarthy would win to mix it up. (Fine, I know she should just be happy to be nominated, but I miss "Gilmore Girls," dammit.)

Michelle: I'm going out on a limb here and saying Michelle Williams for "My Week With Marilyn".


Who would be your dream date if you were attending?

Tracie: I wouldn't just want eye candy for an Oscar date. I'd want someone who was really talented and charming, as well as good-looking. So, my pick would be Jude Law.



Natalie: Hmmm. Michael Fassbender? Ryan Gosling? Tough choice – but I choose Michael Fassbender. Sigh. (Thank you, Magic Genie!)
I'm withholding comment on Tracie & Danielle's picks (although I do realize that by pointing out that I'm withholding comment I am actually commenting) let's just say it looks like Michelle and I will be double dating on Oscar night!



Michelle: Can I have a date for each different commercial break? No? Okay. Sheesh, I have to go with Jeremy Renner! Or Dwayne Johnson....



Danielle: That's easy, RPatz (my boyfriend).



What would you wear:

Danielle: Something elegant by Oscar de la Renta.

Tracie: Something red and sparkly. I prefer classy, feminine red carpet attire, so I'd be happy with a gown designed by Elie Saab, Chanel, or Armani Privé.

Natalie: I'm assuming the same Genie who procured my Fassy date is at work here? If so, then I choose Givenchy. (I loved Cate Blanchett’s beautiful gown from last year!)




Michelle: Something in purple, of course...maybe Dolce & Gabana.

Taking a wild guess, which red carpet interviewer is going to make an ass of themselves first?

Natalie: Seacrest & our friends at E! are always cringe-worthy but I’ll pick the first person who gets stuck interviewing the Brad/Angelina-Bot. Awkward.


Michelle: Billy Bush or Seacrest. If we are talking interviewee, I just fear what Nick Nolte will say.



Tracie: Well, it's a tradition for him, so there's no wild guessing required - Ryan Seacrest.

Danielle: James Franco.

Who do you think, undoubtedly, will end up worst dressed?

Danielle: Glenn Close

Michelle: Tilda Swinton. She scares me!

Tracie: Is Tilda Swinton going to be there? If so, she'll undoubtedly be Worst Dressed. I think she delights in horrifying the fashion pundits. If Tilda doesn't attend, I'm guessing that last year's Best Supporting Actress, Melissa Leo, will show up in something atrocious. She's an attractive lady, but she goes terribly wrong with her fashion choices nine times out of ten.



Natalie: The Swinton is my pick too – she never disappoints on the red carpet! (Wondering what Danielle has against Glenn Close…) Michelle - Your earlier mention of Nick Nolte has reminded me that he is also a hot mess to be reckoned with.

We'll see on Sunday who has picked the most winners!

Thank you so much to Tracie, Danielle, and Natalie for joining me on my blog this week. You three are simply the best!

-----

Natalie Aaron works as a reality TV producer in Los Angeles and is the co-author of "Unscripted" with her friend and fellow producer, Marla Schwartz.
Follow her @Unscriptedbook on Twitter
Unscriptedbook website
Facebook


Tracie Banister is the author of the Oscar-themed Chick Lit novel "Blame It on the Fame," now available at Amazon and Smashwords. She blogs about books and other fun stuff at Books by Banister
and her Twitter handle is @traciebanister

Danielle, to quote her Twitter page, is a mother, aspiring published novelist, carnivore, marathon runner, and celebrity obsessed.You can catch her on her blog or on her Twitter, @daniellequinn77

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Thank you for having us, Michelle - it was fun!

Now that I see the pics - my date wins for sure... :)

Michelle said...

Hey now! My date is pretty smashing!
I have such a mad crush on Renner!

Anonymous said...

Oh Michelle that was really fun! I held my breath on the date section ... Johnny is still mine, all MINE! As for the reality, I'll be wearing sweatpants by Hanes, and a Firefly tshirt by ript. My real date - Orville Redenbacher

Michelle said...

Oh Marika, I left Johnny specifically for you! <3 Okay, I did consider him for a moment, I admit it.
My actual couture for the night will probably be along the same lines as yours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...