Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Is it really June First??

May? Where did you go? I swear it feels like it was just May 1st and now I have to flip the calendar to a fresh new month. The year is half over and it is going by a little too fast for me. Slow down, already! I don’t want to have to start thinking about Christmas already.

I left the building for lunch today and had an unexpected surprise standing in front of my car.



I wanted to get a better picture of it, preferably with tail feathers up, but didn’t want to scare him. And by the time I got my actual camera out of my purse, he had moved up against the wall in between cars. But still – peacock in the parking lot. No one believed me until I showed them the picture. (I think they thought I snuck over to the bar during lunch and had a tequila fueled fiesta.) My sister knows all about how friendly peacocks are. She was chased by one at the zoo, they are not very personable. The security guard told me later that one of the other employees complained about the "large rooster" that was roaming the parking lot. The employee argued that it was NOT a peacock, but a rooster. Rocket scientist right there!



Today would have been Marilyn Monroe’s 85th birthday. In honor of that, I think I’m going to pop in “Gentlemen Prefer Blondes”, which is my favorite Marilyn movie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Peacocks in the parking lot? Excellent!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...