Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Book Worm Time: Luck Be a Lady by Cathie Linz



Sweet librarian, Megan West, wants nothing more than to see her beloved cousin get married in Las Vegas and to return to her life in Chicago. Unfortunately, fate doesn't see it that way as police detective Logan Doyle busts in on the wedding and effectively throws a wrench in the life of Megan. Following the discovery of a family secret that threatens to destroy the life that Megan knows, Logan finds himself "rescuing" the damsel in distress. As their adventure takes them from the strip of Las Vegas to a magical little town and back to Chicago, they fight the attraction for each other and discover that sometimes you have to not be so tough and listen to your heart.

One word for this book - Delightful!! Author Cathie Linz tells a fast-paced and fun tale of Megan and Logan and the quest to find out the truth in a disturbing family lie. The supporting cast are just as likable and charming and you find yourself rooting for them all to get their happy ending, even if they have done a bit of wrong. I have happily added Cathie Linz to my list of must reads and plan to check out her other books as well. I wish I could add more to this review but you would just hear more sugary "squeeing" from me. So I will just say, you can buy this book at your local book store or order through Amazon.

(This review is for the Chick Lit Plus 2011 book challenge, which you can join here if you want.)

2 comments:

Samantha said...

The cover is so cute!

Me said...

Agreed - awesome cover! I never heard of this author; I'm definitely going to have to add this to my TBR list!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...