Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Life on the Grid.



I remember seeing "Tron" when I was probably 11-12 years old and remember it being pretty cool stuff. (I'm kinda a geek like that. I love sci-fi/fantasy movies.) I admit to getting excited when I saw they were doing a sequel to Tron. When the original movie ended, Kevin Flynn ended up staying inside the video game, inside "the grid". The current movie picks up in the current day. Kevin's son, Sam, is now an adult and a rebel against taking over the family empire, Encom Corporation. When his dad's friend tells him he had a text from Kevin's old's office, Sam goes searching out the source and accidentally transports himself into the grid as well. There he finds that his father's video world ally, Clu, has become a corrupt program and taken control and his dad is hiding out away from the main grid with a female program, Quorra. (Everyone is a program there, except for Kevin and Sam who are users.) With a mere eight hours to get back to the real world, Sam makes battle with Clu and his minions to get back to stop the program from coming into our world.

What worked:

Jeff Bridges was a zen jedi.

Garrett Hedlund is great as Sam, all attitude and daring.

Olivia Wilde's Quorra is a little bad ass.

The graphics are awesome. I saw it in 3D and IMAX.


What didn't work:


About 30 minutes too long.

Plot kind of dragged on a lot.

The situation with Tron was kind of disappointing and not well developed.

Overall, it is a movie that is meant to be seen on the big screen, in 3D, and preferably on an IMAX screen. It isn't a movie I would probably ever buy, but I recommend seeing it in the theater.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...