Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wednesday Randomness

I have been working on a reunion of sorts for some of us that went to school in Incirlik (Turkey) in the 80’s. We finally settled on a date of April 15-17, 2011 in Vegas. Now to find a good hotel to stay at. I am picky about where I stay in Vegas. Such as I will never, never, ever stay at the clown infested Circus Circus. (And while I think Excalibur is cute, I won’t stay there either.) I’m leaning towards the Wynn.

· New Kids on the Block, Boys II Men, and Backstreet Boys touring together? I’m there! Mainly for the NKOTB factor because hey, I am never going to not be fangirl over them!

· I went to see “The Expendables” over the previous weekend. Anyone else go see it? Total action movie with all the biggest bad asses in action movies. The cameo by Bruce Willis and Arnold was great! And I love Jason Statham. The story was weak, of course. The acting not that great out of most of them. But it was a big rocking explosion, gun fighting, brawling movie.



· And what is with the influx of horror movies all the sudden? You can tell when it gets closer to fall, the cinema market is flooded with them.

· I didn’t get to “Eat Pray Love” over the weekend but look forward to seeing it either Friday night or Saturday.



· I saw yesterday that there was talk of a Lord of the Rings theme park opening at Universal in Orlando, next to the Harry Potter theme park. Uh…okay…I am a geek and I would be there, plotting how to move in to the attraction in the middle of the night. Seriously? Oh my! I am so excited over the thought of it all!

·I’m heading to my friend Tina’s house on Saturday to meet the new boyfriend and have been informed that I am going to be playing Wii bowling. I have NEVER bowled in my life in real life, let alone on Wii. This might be interesting. However, since that time I have had “Score Tonight” from Grease 2 in my head.


(I love “Grease 2”. I met Maxwell Claufield at the Daytime Emmy Awards in 2004. He was with his wife, Juliet Mills, who was on “Passions” at the time. I might have babbled about him being Michael Carrington…and he loved it.)

· And how are you all? How has your week been so far? Any big and exciting plans for the weekend?

2 comments:

Audra said...

oh fun I love Vegas- We met your parents there once and had a great time. As for Hotels I would 100% recommend Bills' http://www.billslasvegas.com/hotel/rooms/ WE have stayed there twice and had great luck both times.

It is very reasonable- Great location right across from Belagio and Ceasars. We got a room on the South side and could actually see the dancing waters out our window. One nice thing is because they are a maller hotel you don't have to walk forever to get on the strip. You just go down the elevator out the door and your 100 feet from the main strip

The rooms were nice and VERY clean- The bathrooms look a little dated but they also were very clean. I also really like Planet Hollywood- a little more expensive but again the view of the dancing waters from your room is AWESOME!

Jen said...

I am thinking about going to piranha 3D this weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...