Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

Happy Friday the 13th!!



Spooky? Unlucky? Horrorific?

I love Friday the 13th! Love it the best when it is in October so it can also coincide with the spooktacular day of the year, Halloween!

Did you know that August has the only Friday the 13th in 2010? ( And May has the only Friday the 13th for 2011, just for future reference.)

And fear of Friday the 13th is known as friggatriskaidekaphobia?

Just thought you should know.

So that leads to the questions:

Do you have any superstitions? I can’t think of any that I really have. I mean I do seriously have some odd quirks but none of them are associated with anything but me being odd.

Friday the 13th is a horror movie lovers day, thanks to Jason Voorhies stalking Camp Crystal Lake and butchering idiotic camp counselors. Surprisingly there isn’t a big horror movie coming out today. Are you a horror movie fan? I hate being scared. I am not into the gore or the fright. But I also have morbid curiosity that means I will watch any horror movie that I find on the TV and then kick myself afterwards when I am too freaked out to sleep.

Michelle’s Top Ten Horror Movie Survival Tips:

01 – Do not go into the dark house alone when you know there is a serial killer on the loose.

02 – Mysterious sounds coming from the bathroom stall next to you means get the hell out of dodge.

03 – The correct answer to “Are you home alone?” is "MOMMMY!!!!" (This does not apply if # 9 is already in play.)

04 – And if you are asked “Do you know where the children are?” the only suitable reply is “If they know what is good for them they will be in bed.”

05 – Don't go out in a boat in the middle of the lake, thinking you are safe. The creepies pop up out of the water just as often as they pop out of the dark corners.

06 – Zombies eat your brains, wear a helmet all the time.

07 – Don’t trust anyone! You never know who has the ax behind their back waiting to chop off your head.

08 – Your cell phone isn’t going to work, don’t bother.

09 – Eventually you will find out that the killer has mommy issues, just be prepared for it.

10 – The crazy killer never actually dies, he just comes back for so many sequels he ceases to be scary. Wait it out, eventually you will just roll your eyes and walk away.

Do you have any advice to add?


If I had been thinking in advance, I would have asked my friend, Rose, to do an interview with me. She is the founder of a paranormal group in New York. I guess I’ll save that for October.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I love scary movies! The scarier, the better! :) I got married on the 13th, it was soooo much easier to book everything we wanted because nobody wants that day. (It was a Saturday though)
Good advice for the timid. Ha Ha

Lesli said...

I don't like scary movies--I definitely can't watch them if I am home by myself. "Rosemary's Baby" scares the bejesus out of me to this day!
I love the 13th, especially October because that is my birthday! Hee!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...