Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Have some Kool-Aid and a smile...

Since I don't drink soda anymore, I can't say have a coke and a smile.

I spent yesterday with Tina. Over the last 3-4 months I have had numerous people tell me that I need to try chicken & waffles and we have a local restaurant here that specializes in that very combo. Paula and I had made numerous plans and never made it...the one time we tried to go, we found out that for some odd reason they close at 7PM. So Tina and I decided it was time to take the trek over to Lolo's.


(picture is from their website)

The decor is cute, filled with pictures of the owners adorable little granddaughter "cooking" and an awesome rooster in the window. The staff was friendly and laid back. And the food...oh my! Delicious! I had a chicken breast (I'm not crazy about bone in chicken...or southern fried for the most part), a waffle, and some grits. The grits were fabulous and my favorite part of the meal. Oh and I had a great big mason jar full of red kool-aid. Loved it!!!

After a completely delicious lunch (and I was STUFFED), Tina and I took a little jaunt over to Target. Oh my beloved Target, how much do I love going there! I needed to pick up a new book. I had just finished "Nefertiti" by Michelle Moran. The book was absolutely fascinating to me and I couldn't wait to read the sequel to it, "The Heretic Queen". While wandering around, I found this absolutely adorable tea pot on clearance. I have no idea what I am going to do with it, but I knew there was no way that I wasn't going to own it. It is sitting on my book shelf at the moment.

After Target, we decided since it was right there that no trip to Scottsdale could be complete without a trip to Sprinkles for delicious cupcake-y goodness.



If you have never been to Sprinkles, and you have one near you, what are you waiting for? Go, go, go!! Yesterday's selection was a strawberry and I think it is probably my fave of the fruit flavors so far.

Upon arriving back at Tina's house, Abby (her 8 year old) had returned from her night over at her Grandpa's house and came home complete with a gerbil. Chaos! I am not a big fan of rodents but I do think that gerbils are cute. I used to teach day care and in my 3 year old classroom, we had a gerbil named Skippy. My little kids could never say "gerbil" so they called it a "dribble" instead. Cute little guy.

Today I am doing the usual Sunday task of laundry and am finally going to take in a viewing of "Avatar" in a couple of hours.

6 comments:

kemarias said...

what's the name of the restaurant

Kristie said...

2 things:
1. I wish I could give up Cokes, I'm just not willing to do that yet.
2. I have never been to Sprinkles, but I think they have one in Dallas which is about 30 minutes from our home. I gotta go there!
Hope you are having a lovely Sunday.

Michelle said...

Kemarias, The restaurant is Lolo's Chicken and Waffles. There are two of them in Phoenix, I think that is the only place they have that chain. In CA, they have Roscoe's and Tart.

Kristie, It was easier than I thought to give up Coke. :) Dr. Pepper was a little harder. haha!! It is a lovely Sunday today, hope you are enjoying yours!

Lesli said...

If you have been reading my blog for any period of time, you have to know I love Sprinkles Red Velvet cupcakes...and I am about to have one ...in 18 more days! :)
Going to California!!

Lesli said...

P.S. Love waffles.

Don't eat chicken as I am a veggie

Michelle said...

Yes, Lesli, I know you love the Red Velvet. Mmmm!!! If they are fresh they are the best. I made the mistake of refrigerating mine the last time and they were rather gross. :( I'm jealous you are going to CA!! I love CA!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...