Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Movies and Races

It was Kentucky Derby weekend. I love horse racing and I LOVE that first Saturday in March when it is a huge spectacle of the race, the fashion, and rich tradition. I picked four horses yesterday and it was a good thing that I didn't bet as none of them came in. Even the favorite of the race, Friesan Fire, came in second to last. Instead it was a long shot, Mine that Bird, that was like a rocket coming up the rail. Such an intense race!!!


The winner enjoying some quiet time in his stall.

And then we have the hats!!! Going to the Kentucky Derby and wearing a large hat is on my list of things to do before I die.




This morning I took a journey over to the local theater to catch a movie. This week I chose "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past" starring the little hottie Matthew McConaughey.



Cute movie...I don't know if I would pay full price to see the movie, but it was definitely a matinee movie and one that I will own on DVD when it comes out. The storyline was kind of cheesy, but it was Matthew McConaughey and he is charming.

1 comment:

Rowberry Family said...

sounds like lots of fun, i remember you used to go to those at sandy downs! Now that would be fun to be able to wear one of those big hats!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...